26 August 2015

#GuavaSweat : CruCycle


SPINNING - Do you guys know what that is? Previously, I did not know that this was the proper term for indoor cycling. It is an organized activity that focus on endurance, strength, interval and high intensity that involves a stationary exercise bicycle. It burns about 400-500 calories in a 40 minutes high intensity session and remember that pack of fries you had for lunch? You can burn it off here and not feel so guilty about it.

A few days ago, I went for my first spinning class over at CruCycle that was located in Tanjong Pagar district and more specifically at Duxton Road.

I got lost on my way there and I hate getting lost in that area because one wrong turn will make you pass through another ERP gantry and urgh, I hate that! Hahaha.

I found it at last, thanks to my GPS, and parked my trusty Vespa at a public carpark nearby and walked about a minute from the carpark to the studio.

It was a really nice studio - I did not expect it to be huge (I really thought it would be a small studio because most offices in that area seems to be small unless you own that whole building heh).

I came in and was greeted by one of their staff. They were all busy, whats with the evening crowd where adults from the working world have just knocked off from work and is looking to burn some steam on the bikes, but they welcomed we cheerfully and showed me around. 


First, they asked me to fill out a form to declare that I am in a good shape, then they asked for my shoe size for my cycling shoes.

Super cute shoes. Walking with them on feels like you are walking with spike shoes on.

Please keep in mind to find the perfect size for your feet. The first time I went, I got a pair that was a size too small so throughout the class, I was actually much more in pain from the shoes than the actual workout but it is all cool now because I found the right fit on my second session and cannot wait to go for my third session with the CruCycle pack.


Over here, when you are booked for a class, you will have a designated locker for you for that session. They will tell you your locker number and that number also represents your bike later on during the session. Efficient isn't it? 

So you can change and dump all your stuff inside the locker, key in a 4 digit numerical code and you are all set for the class.


They have shower facilities, so if you are here for lunchtime crunch or before work hours and would like to clean up right after your workout, you can do it here. One thing though, you might need to fight for your cubicle hehe if the class is full and there is only 3 shower cubicles here.


Towels for shower is provided for free so you do not have to bring them from home. They also have plastic bag for you for your smelly work out clothes so that you do not stink up your whole bag if you forget to bring one!


This is the spinning bikes they use in their studio.



And this is me while waiting for the class to start. If you are wondering why my shoes are of a different colour, it is because this picture was taken during my second session with them and I had a change of size hahaha.

The session last about 45 minutes. It is really high intensity. I felt like dying during my first session within the first 15 minutes but I am proud to say that I managed to last about 30 minutes during my second session before my legs died on me and refuse to give its 100%. It is mostly spinning, but they also include some light weights for your shoulders and arms and core workout as well in the last 10 minutes of the session.

The instructors were really motivating and the music was exhilarating. Man, the music makes me wonder why I even bother going to clubs and party when I can do it right here and lose some calories instead and I do not need to put on make up and wonder what to wear at all.

It is a really good workout session that will burn you out but it is always a good burn with GuavaPass.

You do not need to have proper shoes for the class in this studio as they will provide but please keep in mind to bring a pair of clean socks. Hygiene, people! 

If you would like to sign up for GuavaPass at a referral rate, do drop me and email or a comment below and I will hook you up with a code! (: 

Till my next #GuavaSweat post. 

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:31 PM

    Hi, how many sessions/month with crucycle am i allowed if i subscribe to guavapass?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nadia2:13 PM

    Hello Aniysh! I'd really like to sign up for guavapass for the referral rate! Could you please help me with your code? Or please reply with your email and I will email you with the request:)
    Thank you and I love your blog.
    Nadia

    ReplyDelete