03 September 2015

AYdate Ideas : A Surprise Date at Universal Studios Singapore!


On Tuesday, Yat brought me out for a surprise date because I think I complained that I have not been feeling very special lately.


He just said to wear my shorts, a t-shirt with sandals and a cap if I want...

... and bring my passport along.

So obviously I thought we would go across the border, if not for Batam.

Then a thought occurred to me - what if the passport was just a diversion? Like he just wanted to trick me so he said that. By the day before Tuesday, I have already strike off Batam because I have a job interview on Wednesday morning and if Yat wanted to bring me to Batam, he would have picked a day where we will both be free for at least two days before he does something like that. So I thought it was maybe Johor... but if we were to go to Johor, he would not have asked me to wear shorts. He would ask me to wear jeans.

So the overseas idea was a little bit odd and I have a strong feeling it was just a distraction.

Then when the day come and I went down to meet Yat, he did this...


So I was blindfolded throughout the journey there.

But the thing is... I sort of have a map in my head. I can visualise where we were heading in my head and by the time we got to our destination, I was grinning so hard when I got off the bike.

"I know where we are!"

"Where?"

"We are at Vivocity!!!"

"Haha. You're right. You can take off the blindfold now."

So with Johor and Batam out of the question, it can only mean we will be heading to Sentosa. I just do not know which part of Sentosa. When we entered Vivocity by the third floor and headed straight to the Sentosa Express, I knew I was right! 

At first, I thought we were going to The Luge and/or MegaZip because in my entire 23 years of living here, I have never tried that before so it was kind of lingering in my mind. But when he grabbed my hand upon reaching The Waterfront station at the very last minute before the door close (because he wants to have that dramatic effect), I was quite shock.

Then I changed my mind.

I thought we might be going to the trick eye museum or the Madame Tussaud's that was in Sentosa. Both I have never been to before either hahaha because Yat mentioned something about "catching a show". But we continued walking and I have no idea where we were heading to until we walked towards the direction of the Universal Studios globe thingy and he asked me to take a picture with it that he told me we are going to USS!

That was a surprise because 1) we both are not the type who would go to the same amusement park twice 2) we have already been to USS together once last year during Halloween Horro Night but I guess that was different - so USS was indeed a surprise!

Yat picked a perfect day to go to USS.

The choice of date could not be anymore perfect.

It was a Tuesday afternoon, school was in session so there were almost 0 kids seen in the amusement park unless you are counting about 5 or 6 foreign kids but the longest we queued for a ride was about 10-15 minutes so it was good. Even the Mummy Ride was a 5 minute wait which I would like to point my disappointment because Yat and I forgot to take the ride.

We wanted to. 
But after the two roller coaster, we thought we would walk it out for awhile - you know, just letting our heart rest because I think we got a shock of our lives for a moment there during the ride. By the time we finished walking and trying out other rides, WE FORGOT ALL ABOUT MUMMY AND I ONLY REMEMBERED IT LIKE NOW WHEN I AM UPDATING MY BLOG WHAT THE HECK.

So anyway, instead of spamming my blog with pictures, I decided to make a video for this date because it was a special date that Yat had specifically planned for me and I love the fact that he made the effort to do this for me.

Thank you baby for the really awesome date - and also deciding that you would have dinner at my place instead hehe.

Hope you guys enjoyed the short clip! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment