14 August 2015

AYdate Ideas : Sentosa Picnic

Yesterday, I bought my second GoPro in my life. The first one was bought last year in March and it jumped to its death in june this year when Yat and I went for our Thailand trip. I was devastated - who wouldn't be! That's $500+ worth of camera with all those photos we took in the first few days of our Thailand trip was all gone in a blink on an eye. But anyway, after nursing my heart and checking out good deals on Carousell, I got my GoPro Hero 4 Silver Edition at a good deal. Stores are retailing it at $590 so I got a good deal... I just have to take good care of it for one whole year to make my money worth. Hahaha.


Not sure if you guys are aware, but GoPro Hero 4 Silver Edition comes with a built in Touch Display. This means, while recording a video or taking a picture, I can see the preview without having to connect it to my phone at all!


It is something my previous GoPro Hero 3+ Silver Edition did not have. It was available as an additional accessories at that time that would cost you about $100+. Also, for some reason, I am not sure why GoPro Hero 4 Black Edition do not come with the built in Touch Display even though it is about $100 more than the Silver Edition.

I am loving my new buy so far even though it made me broke as hell but it is okay! I am willing to eat grass HAHAHAHA.

Anywayyyyy...

It was Yat's first off day from his night shift yesterday, so I knew if we were to head out, we would probably only be meeting about 4 or 5 in the evening. Yat suggested having a picnic at Sentosa. For some reason, we only seem to head to Sentosa's beach in the evening. I could only recall one time we were at the beach during the day, under the hot sun and that was during our first few weeks of dating. After that, we kind of shun from the sun because both of us do not want to get dark, but we still love the idea of a picnic so sunset picnic it was ever since.


I prepared the food and bought some drinks and took the Sentosa Express into Sentosa. Alighted at Beach Station and took the tram all the way into Tanjong Beach. It is always quite ulu there as compared to Siloso or Pahlawan, maybe because it is quite out of the way for people without transport.

We reached there about 6pm, found a sweet spot and set up our newly bought hammock. Yat was so excited, and I was too deep inside, I just did not want to show him how childish we both were. Someone needs to be the adult in the relationship hahahahaha.




The first thing we did was to lie down on the hammock and spam our camera with pictures. 




After which, we ate our food while watching the sunset and listening to the radio.


By the time we are done with our food, the sky was getting darker and we watched a movie on my Surface RT on our hammock, underneath all those stars. There was suprisingly quite a lot of stars that can be seen last night despite the light pollution from all the ships nearby.


After the movie ended, we played Monopoly Deal and did not even touch the frisbee I brought upon Yat's request. Hahaha. I think we were too ambitious zzz.

By the time we were done with all that, it was already past midnight. The last tram service at the nearest tram stop was at 11.38pm if I am not mistaken and the last Sentosa Express out to Vivo was by Midnight. 

Option 1 : Call a cab to head out to Vivo.
Option 2 : Walk.

Guess which option Yat chose? No prize for guessing option 2 because Yat is always happy to make me walk. The further the better.

We literally walked ALL THE WAY from Tanjong Beach out to Vivocity. I remembered complaining the last time we were here for a picnic with his friends when we had to walk from Tanjong Beach to the Beach Station because the tram service is on hold from 7-8.30pm daily due to the high traffic from pedestrian after some show. AND WE HAD TO WALK ALL THE WAY OUT TO VIVO THIS TIME OMG!

I did not really take us long. Probably about 30-45minutes walk out? We ended up playing the guessing game to kill time while walking. I had to ask a few question to guess what is the fruit/animal/occupation that Yat is thinking of and then it will be Yat's turn. It helps to kill time and make the long walk bearable hahaha.

It was a good day, definitely. Can't wait for our next date next week! 

Anyway, in case you guys need date ideas because you ran out of things to do in Singapore, I am thinking I should write a segment on it to help all you couples with some ideas because Yat ALWAYS have some cool (and sometimes ridiculous) date ideas he likes to try. This is my first one, but you can just click on my tag 'AYdates' to look check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment