11 August 2015

What have I been up to...

Ahhh, the post Jubilee Weekend blues... Not.

What blues. I am waking up at noon and still lying down like a sloth on my bed so I do not really have any weekday blues unless you are talking about the fact that Yat is on the way to my place now to drag me out of bed to head to the gym. *yawns*

I kind of think I deserve the place in the gym since I have been eating like a pig with all the good food these past few days. Here are some insight to what I have been up to recently :

Hari Raya Visiting 


Yat and I also managed to get another shot like this :


In memory of the pictures we posted in 2014 when we just started dating and did not want to reveal each other's faces on social media yet.

Here's the 2014 picture :


Hahaha. I hope we can catch this shot at the same exact place again next year, in sha Allah, and make it a yearly routine for us. Heh.

Diploma Photoshoot


Back story : Yat and I both attended Nanyang Polytechnic on the same year (2009) and graduated at the same time (2012) but somehow or another, we never bump into each other before during our poly days - despite having quite a number of mutual friends. We met each other way after our time in NYP, thanks to mutual friends and the rest is history.

I never got a chance to do my graduation photoshoot, so I thought this would be a perfect time to do my individual photoshoot and also a couple photoshoot with Yat. 

Once I got my hands on the printed copy from the studio, I will blog about it! :)

Dan's 24th Birthday Surprise


Shanis managed to plan a surprise for him that went really well, and Dan was really surprised! Please take a look at his attire hahaha. He thought we were going somewhere else until...

Read my next post to find out more about this day!

First flower from Yat. 


Yat is a firm believer of not giving flowers to anyone so getting this was a huge deal... Even if it was apologizing purpose and not the kind of scenario I had in my head where he would surprise me out of nowhere with a bouquet of flowers just for the fun of it. Hahahaha. I have been watching too much Korean dramas that I am having deluded thoughts like this.

Yat will probably never do that, but I am really okay with it because I know our relationship is so much more than that and that yat would rather buy me food than flowers to make me happy hahaha.

(Almost) Monthly Ketam Party


Met the Twitter gang for our (almost monthly) ketam party and I am glad we are still going strong with this party. Started from Twitter follow, now we are here.

Back story :

I am pretty sure you guys understand how Twitter works. You follow a person and if you are lucky, that person follows you back and then depending on situation, you either start sliding into their DMs or you start mentioning them and join the conversation. That was what happened between us.

If I was not mistaken, I think I followed @yazbanz (Yazi) first probably back in 2012? Or 2013, I cannot really recall but it was about that time. The topic on LionsXII and the S-League was really hot and I always like these banters and he tweeted really relevant tweets - so I followed him. I did not expect him to follow me back, but he did and we managed to exchange a few twitter mentions before we started having a group conversation with @hgfiz (Hafiz Wu) @sonofsg (Hafiz "Anak") and @fiismoos (Hafiz Moos). Soon after that, we followed each other and then it was suddenly time for a Twitter Meet Up.

Our first Twitter Meet Up was for Egg Benedict at Coffee Bean Tea Leaf at Marina Square. During that time, Egg Benedict was making its wave on social media and almost EVERYONE was going crazy for it. I never had it and so did some of them so we decided to meet and be the judge. I was glad I came down and did not decide to paitao them because it was definitely a meet up with people I am glad to be friends with now.



Presenting @fiismoos, @aniysh, @sonofsg, @pangy333, @yazbanz and @hgfiz in front.

Our second gathering would probably be the time we first had crabs together at East Coast before @sonofsg had to leave Singapore for Mexico for work purpose. I do not seem to have any picture for that though.

After which, we progressed to a different venue in Toa Payoh when @sonofsg came back to Singapore for our next ketam party.


These people are the reason behind all my salted egg cravings. I was a chilli crab person until our first ketam party and they convert me to a salted egg crab person lol.



Anyway, we started growing and @hidayatazraay, @_barnowl and @areyounats starts joining us for Ketam Party as they were unable to join us for the previous one.

Now... We have a huge twitter family that probably hit 10 people and we foresee it growing bigger in the future. Till the next #singaporeketamparty for our fellow #ketamians. 

National Day Parade 2015 #SG50


Yat and I went for our first ever live NDP parade, much thanks to the free tickets we received from the front desk officer at HomeTeam NS Sembawang when we were there to hit the gym. 

We were quite excited for it, thinking we got the live parade. We then found out that we are just gonna watch a huge TV telecast of it but we will be getting good seats for the fireworks and air show, so it was good. Honestly, if it was not for the fireworks and air show, we will be better off at home watching it from the TV. Even the goodie bag was sad. The only good thing we got out of it was probably the herbal candy.

I still remember when I was in Primary 5 and we went to watch the preview parade. My goodie bag back then was so good, I still remember there was a year they had the lightsaber stick and really interesting stuffs inside. They had breads too previously! Now it's just a lemau packet of crackers lol. Anyway, we just left our goodie bag at the end of the parade. 

But we had a good time taking photos with the fireworks and catching them too. It may be quite overrated, but something about fireworks seem to engage us and make us feel excited.


We caught the fireworks last year too but it was over at Marina Bay Sands. We can all agree from the photos that we gained a whole lot of weight over a period of 1 year.


Cafe Review : La Marelle Cafe


It was my second time here, but the first time I am eating their mains. The first time I was here, it was after a heavy dinner with Syafiqah at Vintage Delicafe, so we just had cakes and tea. I always wondered why Singapore cafes are overpriced. How can a small glass of drink be $7 before taxes? Or sandwiches that cost $12-$15 before taxes? Cafes in Singapore always seem to charge really exorbitant prices for their food and drinks which always make me wonder why they do that. 

If your cafe have a nice ambience that we can sit around for awhile and have good conversations, or a nice view to enjoy... then I will understand the prices. But if your cafe is so small, with no view or good ambience... WHY ARE YOU CHARGING THAT KIND OF PRICES? It's not a 5 star restaurant... So why!

Pfft. Anyway, I had the Chili Beef Franks Baguette ($12+) and the Sweet & Sour Slide Mocktail ($6+) while Yat ordered the Mocha ($6.50+).

It took about 25-30 minutes for the food to arrive. For $12+, you get two bread, 1 sausage and chili beef gravy. It taste really good. Like really really good. I like the salad dressing and how the chili beef tasted. It tasted something like sabsuka and I love it, because it does not have the normal beans some places like to have in their chili beef. The sausage was good too, except it looks like they gave you two sausage but it was really just one and was cut into half. I would most definitely recommend this and I wish I have a picture of the food but I do not because I was really hungry and very cranky so I ate straight away when the food came. The photo above was from Yat's phone.

The drink... at $6+, was nothing spexial. It was a mix of pineapple with lemon and it was quite nice, but it tasted rather... cheap for a lack of better word. It tasted like something you get out of a 1L bottle of pineapple syrup you can get at $2 with just lemon slice in it with some soda water. It did not taste like real pineapple juice mix with honey. 

I will most probably would come by again because I am curious about their Spaghetti Seafood Laksa and their Governor's Smile Mocktail.

I think that was all I have been busy with lately and I hope this post suffice hehe. Till my next post on Dan's 24th Birthday Surprise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment